1. Eligibility: Entries must be completed, signed, and returned along with entry fee of $200 per two (or three) person team, Entry Fee will go up to $250 after July17th. Must have a valid SD fishing license and be 18 years of age, unless accompanied by parent or guardian. All entries will be assigned team numbers in the order registrations forms are received.
2. Fish Limits: State regulations for amount: Can weigh in 6 fish (2 fish 20 inches & over and 4 under). Fish must be 14" minimum.
3. Boundaries: Lake Oahe - North to State Line; South to Highway 212 Bridge
4. Fishing Hours: Saturday, August 1st from 8 am to 3 pm (flighting may be possible).
5. Safety: All boats must follow U.S. Coast Guard and South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Regulations. Boats will leave "Indian Creek Recreation Area" bay in single file by team number. A tournament boat will start each flight, no boat shall leave until signaled by the tournament boat.
6. Sportsmanship: Contestants are expected to practice good sportsmanship, be courteous and be safety conscious always. Please respect other fishermen whether they are in the tournament or not.
7. Tournament Headquarters: Will be in the parking lot "Scherr-Howe Event Center", Mobridge, SD. Anglers must be off the water by 4 pm the day of the rules meeting.
8. River Headquarters: Will be at "Indian Creek Recreation Area". Boat Inspection and Launch will take place at River Headquarters.
9. Scoring: Prizes will be awarded to teams based on total weight caught during the day of the tournament. Teams will weigh a total of 6 walleye or sauger, of which two may be 20 inches or over. Remember, no culling, or sorting will be allowed. This is a state law. Teams will be able to keep their fish, and are responsible for cleaning, packaging, storing, and transportation per state regulations.
10. Weigh-In: You can start weighing in as early as 2:30 pm at parking lot behind Scherr-Howe Event Center.
11. If you are late to return, you are disqualified. Any team not returning on or before their assigned return time will be disqualified.
12. Bad Weather – if inclement weather, there will be no refunds on entry fees. Fishing tournament will be held on Sunday. If weather is still inclement on Sunday, prizes for places will be drawn.
13. Register at https://mobridge.formstack.com/forms/denny_palmer by 5:00 pm July 27th
14. Tournament fishermen cannot fish with non-tournament fishermen.
15. You may only use a standardized hook and line system with artificial bait or live bait to include: (less than 12 dozen) fathead minnows, creek chubs, white suckers and golden shiners. If using more than 12 dozen or any other bait, you must have an importation permit from the SD GF&P. No Spearing or Snagging Fish. Each contestant may fish with two rods each. Spare rods, reels and tackle may be carried in your boat.
16. The “Golden Rule” will be used as the official tournament ruler. Fish will be measured on both sides and tails will be pinched. Any mangled, mashed or mauled fish will be weighed at the discretion of the weigh-in official and tournament coordinator. All decisions of the measure master, weigh master and tournament coordinator are final.
Participation Agreement: By participating, I understand this is a professional sporting event governed by the rules that have been established by tournament organizers. I acknowledge I have received a copy of these rules, read them, and understand them. In addition to terms of entry and competition, these rules relate to the safety of all participants as well as the fair sporting conduct of this event. The Chamber Executive Director / Tourism Committee shall act as the referee in all disputes and his/her decision based on his/her interpretation of the rules will be final and without legal appeal. I understand there are never refunds for tournament entry fees. The Mobridge Chamber of Commerce (MCC) reserves the right to use any photograph / video taken at any event sponsored by MCC without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph / video. MCC may use the photograph / video in publication or other media material produced, used or contracted by MCC including but not limited to brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. By participating in an MCC event or by failing to notify MCC in writing, your desire to not have your photography used by MCC, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify MCC from and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.
Release of Liability. Warning: under South Dakota law, no fishing tournament sponsor or fishing professional is liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant resulting from the inherent risks of fishing,
pursuant to South Dakota Codified Laws 20-9-47 to 20-9-51.
Hairball Coming to Mobridge
Posted on 08-04-2020
10th Annual Denny Palmer Memorial Walleye Classic: Results
Posted on 08-03-2020
212 N Main St
Mobridge, SD 57601