Northwest Beverage - Delivery Driver
Job Advertisement (Delivery Driver) (PDF - Print)
Job Description: Delivery Driver
Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday
Overview: Drivers have assigned routes on a daily basis that cover various towns covering northwestern South Dakota. Drivers operate various types of vehicles including vans, straight trucks and combination trucks. Drivers must operate the vehicle in a safe manner and comply with all motor vehicle/DOT laws. Make deliveries timely, accurately, and safely. Communicate with your supervisor and return all monies, product, and collections.
Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for medical benefits, Paid Time Off and 401(k).
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Class A Driver’s License, CDL required
- Clean driving record
- Ability to drive manual transmission
- Knowledge of local area preferred
- Ability to use hammer, screwdriver, drill, etc.
- Must be comfortable using a computer, smartphone & hand-held device
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills are a must
- Excellent work ethic track record
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills
- Self-Motivated, high energy and enthusiastic
- Must possess basic math skills, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well and build positive relationships with retailers
- Ability to understand and enforce regulatory guidelines
- Be a problem solver and team player
- Adequate vision for driving and reading small print on bottles, cans, kegs, boxes and held-held computer
- Be in good physical condition, with ability to bend, stoop and crouch on a regular basis and lift, carry, move or pull wheeled products/objects weighing up to 330 pounds and lifting of 25 – 161 lbs
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions heat, rain, snow, ice, cold, and is exposed to controlled conditions as well (example: Store Coolers)
- Willingness to work occasional evening and weekends
- Forklift experience preferred
- Warehouse experience a plus
- High School education preferred
- Pre-employment drug screening is required with random drug and alcohol testing throughout employment
- Pre-trip inspection of vehicle before leaving the property.
- Maintain a clean delivery vehicle inside and out.
- Assemble customer orders to be delivered.
- Count out truck to insure accuracy of total cases before leaving the property.
- Run delivery routes as assigned per day.
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling.
- Unload orders at customer site, and confirm totals on invoice.
- Stock and rotate shelves, displays, racks and coolers, as required in the Anheuser-Busch Co. Policy.
- Organize and rotate all back-stock and shelves, stack like products, and clean area before leaving.
- Acquire prominent space for floor and counter displays.
- Install POS in accounts to advertise the company’s products
- Repack products in accounts as required in the Anheuser-Busch Co. Policy.
- Check all product/empties being returned while checking in.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Install and clean draft lines.
- Gather and monitor competitive information.
- Communicate account activities with sales reps as needed
- Post-trip inspection.
- Assist in other warehouse and delivery functions during down time after short runs.
- Assist other drivers as assigned per day
- Assist in loading and/or unloading of trucks - this includes the use of a forklift.
- Follow NWB policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety guidelines.
- Comply with traffic laws and obey transportation and traffic procedures.
- Remain DOT compliant and aware of DOT changes in guidelines.
- Understand and comply with company approved dress standards.
- Will perform other assignments as directed by management.
- Participate in community promotions and promotions sponsored by Northwest Beverage
Include a cover letter and resume. While we would like to respond to each applicant, the volume of resumes we receive allows us to only contact the most qualified candidates. We appreciate your consideration.
Send all correspondence to:
Northwest Beverage, Inc.
Attn: Mike Jerome
PO Box 398
Mobridge, SD 57601
Or email: Mikenwb@westriv.com